• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tiddles

tiddles

MARIA

• PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

HLLO ALL GREETINGS FROM A WET AND WINDY GALWAY,FIRST POST HOPE TO GET SOME PROPERTY BUYING ADVICE WHERE TO LOOK,NICE WELL FINISHED COMPLEX ETC BODRUM GUMBET BITEZ AREA,ANY HELP APPRECIATED THANKS.

#2 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11862 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:23 PM

:welcome: to our forum tiddles.So you hope to escape from the wind and rain to the sun?What we advise everybody to do is to have a look around places and then rent for a year or so before buying so that you can see an area in all seasons as what seemed a quiet place turns out to be surrounded by discos in the summer, or a lively area in the summer becomes a ghost town in winter.Another thing to do is avoid buying off plan no matter how good the offer seems. So many people have had problems and it's taken them years to sort it out and sometimes they never get their money back.

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#3 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4050 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

Ha ha, it's always wet and windy in Galway! And if it isn't just wait ten minutes and it will be! My first wife was a Galway girl, had some good times over there. Welcome to Turkey Central Tiddles, hope you enjoy yourself here. As Sunny says don't go looking to buy somewhere until you've rented here for a year or so, the rent you pay will be saved at least double because you2ll learn all the things to avoid.Never buy off-plan, you'll lose your money.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#4 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

Welcome to our forum Tiddles, unless you know the areas you named really well and have stayed in and out of season for some time I agree with Sunny and Cukur that you should rent first and save yourself a lot of grief.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#5 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Welcome to the forum Tiddles. My husband owns an Estate Agency in

Are You Looking To Buy or Rent In Çeşme Or Even Sell Your Home? Are You Also Looking To Insure Your Home Or Vehicle In Turkey? Well Stork Homes Estate Now Has An Insurance Department ... Contact Myself For More Information Or Visit Our Website
www.satilikcesme.com

#6 Ken

Ken

• Antalya
  • 5309 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:55 PM

Welcome Tiddles,Since your post is Bodrum-specific I'm going to move this to the Bodrum Property forum, but will leave a link here so people can give you a welcome as well. Sunny has already given two golden pieces of advice. Be sure to have a look at the Turkish Property forums, lots of advice there as well. Thanks for joining us.

***   Want to do more to help? Then click follow_this_forum.png at the top right of any forum about a topic or place you know about.  You'll get an e-mail alert and an opportunity to help others in need. ***

#7 tiddles

tiddles

MARIA

• PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

Welcome Tiddles,Since your post is Bodrum-specific I'm going to move this to the Bodrum Property forum, but will leave a link here so people can give you a welcome as well. Sunny has already given two golden pieces of advice. Be sure to have a look at the Turkish Property forums, lots of advice there as well. Thanks for joining us.

THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME APPRECIATED,STILL A BIT OF A NOVICE WHEN IT COMES TO FORUMS COMPUTORS IN GENERAL ,SO FORGIVE ANY FAUX PAUX I MAY MAKE,THANKS FOR ADVICE AND HELP.