• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Meral

Meral

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 2228 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

Got a phone call from my bank saying I was on a list as being eligible to apply for their "special" credit card. Went down to find out more & was given a brochure & application form. They couldn't seem to explain how/why I was on the list (ie. did it depend on foreigner status, level of savings, or what ?)Browsing through the form, it asked for a lot of information aside from the usual personal details-- father's name, mother's maiden name, names of all children (minors & adults), total monthly income, homeowner or renting, market value of any real estate owned, make & model of any vehicles owned............. :confused1[1]: The card supposedly offered certain "benefits" which they were eager to promote. I was reluctant to commit. The following week another phone call - "Well, have you made a decision ?" Yes ---> No thanks. Wondering why they would need this sort of information if I was already on their "list", or if it could be misused somehow ? Maybe they just offer these cards as an incentive to get your information ? Is it usual in Turkey ?
I am fairly certain that
Given a Cape and a nice Tiara
I could save the world.
........................ Author Unknown

#2 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

I expect they sell details on or use them as marketing tools to bombard you with other offers of things. Anyway for me that would be way too much information to be giving out to anyone

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#3 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

thats a lot of information. I dont like credit cards anyway but even I would have said no after being asked all that information.xxx