Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
withing

Dave's Esl Cafe

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I've been on Dave's ESL cafe a few times to see what the "job" market for English teachers is like, and just about all I find on there, and move other "job" forums are "listings" for jobs that involve going to certification classes that will guarantee their students jobs -- once they finish paying for and attending their very expensive lessons.I, for one, do not wish to spend another two to four months obtaining certification I already possess. Nor do I wish to pay up to $1,600 to get a job (air fare not included). I've tried to weed through these "job" listings but that seems to be the majority of the jobs that Dave's ESL cafe (and other job forums) lists. Or am I missing something completely? And surely there must be another way to find out who's hiring overseas...

I've just looked at Dave's cafe and there are lots of jobs listed there, not via courses, unfortunately most are not in Turkey.Dave's ESL Cafe, International Jobs

Willow if you type Teaching Job Turkey into your search engine loads of different web sites will appear. Below are just 3 website I found by typing that phrase into Google. linkTefllink

Hi everyone, thanks for the links. Sorry I haven't replied lately, I've been ill. I did check the links out and I don't know how I missed them. I swear every time I went on the site, all I could bring up was thinly veiled "jobs" that linked to CELTA or other certification schools. By the way, does anyone know about this company:Marmaris Recruitment? It seems to be the company behind some of the jobs linked above.ETA: In that list of "jobs" on Dave's ESL cafe, that's where if one clicks the link, more than likely you'll be taken to a site that claims to have jobs, but only if you complete their certification course, and then you're "guaranteed" a job. Yeah, not gonna happen.