Work Permits In Turkey

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 saraw65

saraw65

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

Does anyone know what the requirements are for a Teaching Assistant work permit/visa? What qualifications and education are needed? Also, a friend of mine was told by a recruitment agency that it is possible to get a Teacer's work permit/visa without a Bachelors degree, it just takes longer. I told her this was not the case and she would only be able to get a residency permit. Can anyone here verify that, please. Thanks, Connie

#2 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11867 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

Generally the government requires a degree in English plus a qualification in EFL but whether they will give work permits now without this I don't know.If you work without a work permit you run the risk of being deported but quite a lot of people take that risk.
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#3 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Is she paying them money for a placement?. If she is they maybe stringing her along.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#4 saraw65

saraw65

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:01 AM

Is she paying them money for a placement?. If she is they maybe stringing her along.

No the school pays the placement agency. The service free to teachers.