Working On My Cv

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 willow

willow

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

I'm in the process of converting my resume (for the business world) into a CV (for the teaching world), and I have no idea what to include in any CV I send to a school in Turkey. Here in the US, no one would even think to put their birth date, picture, extracurricular activities, or anything that would imply gender, race, or age on their resume/CV. However, I understand it's common practice overseas -- especially Asian countries -- to include a photo (head shot), birth date, and other things on a CV. Is this the case in Turkey? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into the darkness, faith is knowing one of two things will happen - there will be something to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.

#2 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

I dont know exactly what you would write on your CV but photos, your date of birth and extra-curricular activities are written on turkish cvs and as far as I understand they are very benifical for employers, I suppose it builds a bigger picture of a person.Good Luck. Love Samantha xxxx

Are You Looking To Buy or Rent In Çeşme Or Even Sell Your Home? Are You Also Looking To Insure Your Home Or Vehicle In Turkey? Well Stork Homes Estate Now Has An Insurance Department ... Contact Myself For More Information Or Visit Our Website
www.satilikcesme.com

#3 willow

willow

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:34 AM

Thanks, Samantha. It's very different from resumes/CV's here in the states. :blink: Since employers aren't allowed to make decisions based on race, gender or age, none of that goes on the resume/CV because then perspective employees cannot sue saying that they were discriminated against...But, I wanted to make sure about what was expected in Turkey before I added a picture and put my birth date on anything. Ugh! :head_hurts_kr[1]: I was an honorary member of the Turkish Student Association for a year - maybe that will help. ^_^
When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into the darkness, faith is knowing one of two things will happen - there will be something to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.

#4 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11862 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

As Sam says they want that type of information and you will find here that they always want your fathers and mothers name on documents too although not necessarily on your CV.I'm sure that year on the Turkish Student Association would be a good thing to include. :)

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.