How Do You Write A Turkish Address?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Heartled

Heartled

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:19 AM

Hi, This probably will seem a bit stupid but I was wondering, how do you structure a Turkish address when you write it?Like obviously in england it would be: 1 blah street, blah, blahringham, b1 6fg Because I need to leave my boyfriends address for my mom along with all the other contact details when I go to stay with him and I have no idea how to arrange his address and therefore don't know if it will make sense I have asked him and, although his english is good, he has no clue what i'm going on about lolThanks for any responses :)

#2 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11866 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

Sayın Heart Led
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#3 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

Ask him how he writes his address on forums or what it looks like when he recieves letters. xxx

Are You Looking To Buy or Rent In Çeşme Or Even Sell Your Home? Are You Also Looking To Insure Your Home Or Vehicle In Turkey? Well Stork Homes Estate Now Has An Insurance Department ... Contact Myself For More Information Or Visit Our Website
www.satilikcesme.com

#4 Reyhan

Reyhan

Maryland'da fakat T

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:14 AM

Great question Heart. Very handy information to know. I will eventually need to learn myself in case I have to mail letters to my T

#5 Heartled

Heartled

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

Thanks xx

Sayın Heart Led

#6 Mistral

Mistral

• PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

Ahh so that's how you do it...

#7 Petunia846

Petunia846

• PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:00 AM

Not a stupid question at all! I had a very confusing conversation about how to write my Turkish address just last week. I still don't really believe her. Hee. Won't believe it till I see it work and I get some mail delivered to me here!

#8 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4063 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

My electricity bill says:"

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#9 Meral

Meral

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 2202 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

Yes, it's funny ! I've seen official addresses that include okul yanı or hastane karşısı.

Turks don't seem to get a lot of mail --- I've hardly seen any letterboxes on properties (other than rows of boxes in apartment buildings), don't know where the postie puts their letters (?).
  • aderb likes this
I am fairly certain that
Given a Cape and a nice Tiara
I could save the world.
........................ Author Unknown

#10 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11866 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

If there's not a particular place to put it the postie usually sticks it in the side of the door.I don't really think that is's very important how you write the address as Cukur has demonstrated, I've received lots with the address written like we do in the UK.
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#11 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

Our tapu for the emlak office has the line Al

Are You Looking To Buy or Rent In Çeşme Or Even Sell Your Home? Are You Also Looking To Insure Your Home Or Vehicle In Turkey? Well Stork Homes Estate Now Has An Insurance Department ... Contact Myself For More Information Or Visit Our Website
www.satilikcesme.com

#12 Vic801

Vic801

Supreme Member

• Cappadocia
  • 1435 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

Turks don't seem to get a lot of mail --- I've hardly seen any letterboxes on properties (other than rows of boxes in apartment buildings), don't know where the postie puts their letters (?).

We get ours delivered to a PO box where we don't even have to have to bother unlocking the box to check. As we push the PTT door open, Mrs. Yok looks at us over the top of her spectacles, gives that typically Turkish upwards head movement accompanied by a "tsst" and a resounding "Yok!".We rarely see a postie round our way, sometimes the downstairs neighbours get some sort of advertising from their credit card (you see, we've become Turkish enough to be nosy about other people's post!) and the postman either pushes it in the side of the door or puts it on the steps with a stone on it.We did notice when we were working in the carpet shop that most people got their personal post delivered to their work address.

Top of Turkey: A practical guide to Cappadocia

What not to miss, where to stay, food and drink, market days, arts and crafts, Turkish recipes, maps and distances, guided tours, driving in Turkey, hiking trails, Turkey travel essentiels, our Cappadocia tips and much, much more...

http://www.topofturkey.com

#13 Petunia846

Petunia846

• PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

Wow! That's all so interesting. I feel a little better about my address now. It says something about 1 km away from such and such landmark.

#14 IstanbulWhiteboy

IstanbulWhiteboy

Mindshaper

• Istanbul
  • 591 posts

Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

where I live all the apartment bloks have botanical names; you have to put the street name first, then the apartment name and number, blok, kat and daire number. The posties are pretty sharp though, if somebody leaves something off the address they usually write it in and it always gets here:ex: (not a real address, but right format)Okyanus Cd. <street nameAkasya 10-03 D5 Blok <building name and number and blok numberK:16 D: 73 <floor and flat numbersBahçeşehir, 34538 <Mh and zipIstanbul, Turkiye

Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

--Charles Bukowski

Check out my website at http://bahcesehirbubble.weebly.com