Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cathy11

Internet Access In Turkey Keyboard?

5 posts in this topic

Hi All, Last time I was in Turkey I had problems accessing my yahoo email box, I have been told is has to do with the keyboard. What would the solution be? Can I ask that any keyboard i use be switched to English or german so my password works? Thanks for your help.Elaine11

How odd. I don't have a problem with it. I take a little netbook with me and my son has some other tiny device. Do you have anything you can take? Many bars have free wifi.

I've been using a Turkish keyboard so long I've forgotten how an english one differs....but think the main difference could be the letters ı and i. The i with a dot (the normal english i) is stuck out on the side of mine. If your address contains and i ... make sure you are using that one and not the one in the center of the keyboard.

Or, you could just change your password to something that doesn't include ambiguous letters like i or ı ??????

Thanks and yes, it must be the "i" in the password! And you are so right - best to get a new password! Elaine11