Internet Access In Turkey Keyboard?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Elaine11

Elaine11

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hi All, Last time I was in Turkey I had problems accessing my yahoo email box, I have been told is has to do with the keyboard. What would the solution be? Can I ask that any keyboard i use be switched to English or german so my password works? Thanks for your help.Elaine11

#2 JK1

JK1

Supreme Member

• Marmaris
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

How odd. I don't have a problem with it. I take a little netbook with me and my son has some other tiny device. Do you have anything you can take? Many bars have free wifi.

#3 lostinparadise

lostinparadise

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

I've been using a Turkish keyboard so long I've forgotten how an english one differs....but think the main difference could be the letters ı and i. The i with a dot (the normal english i) is stuck out on the side of mine. If your address contains and i ... make sure you are using that one and not the one in the center of the keyboard.

#4 Meral

Meral

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 2136 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

Or, you could just change your password to something that doesn't include ambiguous letters like i or ı ??????
I am fairly certain that
Given a Cape and a nice Tiara
I could save the world.
........................ Author Unknown

#5 Elaine11

Elaine11

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

Thanks and yes, it must be the "i" in the password! And you are so right - best to get a new password! Elaine11