• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11862 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

Although I'm not anti royal I am somewhat irritated by BBC Entertainment as tomorrow's programmes start in the morning with a run up to the wedding, then The Wedding but then carry on for the rest of the day with various wedding things. Talk about overkill! :(

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#2 Meral

Meral

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 2181 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

Haha ! How the British just love their Royals. My daughter is going to Buckingham Palace tomorrow to find out about people's "happiness" (as part of a study) ............... I hope she doesn't get too carried away by the euphoria ! :group[1]:
I am fairly certain that
Given a Cape and a nice Tiara
I could save the world.
........................ Author Unknown

#3 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

Haha I spoke to my mum just now and I asked what time the wedding is on as I havent really read anything about it and she said 'Sam please dont mention the words wedding, kate, prince will, or royal as I am going to kick the TV and radio out of the window' haha. Supposedly everyone has had enough now it is on every channel and program. I hope its worth all this talk hehe.xxxx

Are You Looking To Buy or Rent In Çeşme Or Even Sell Your Home? Are You Also Looking To Insure Your Home Or Vehicle In Turkey? Well Stork Homes Estate Now Has An Insurance Department ... Contact Myself For More Information Or Visit Our Website
www.satilikcesme.com

#4 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11862 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

Yes, the media go OTT!

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#5 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

Just a little OTT I am guessing haha. Also on tv it said that the average family have spent over

Are You Looking To Buy or Rent In Çeşme Or Even Sell Your Home? Are You Also Looking To Insure Your Home Or Vehicle In Turkey? Well Stork Homes Estate Now Has An Insurance Department ... Contact Myself For More Information Or Visit Our Website
www.satilikcesme.com

#6 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11862 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

Completely bonkers!I'll just get my old tiara out and give it quick dust. :D

#7 Sirin

Sirin

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

I'm not a royalist, but I love any opportunity for a bit of patriotism and community spirit. It was quite considerate of Bill and Kath to wed in a year between the World Cup and European Cup.I've got family coming round to watch it - but whereas my mum and aunty will probably watch it solidly, the rest of us will probably be happy to see the dress and some crowd scenes and then retire out to the garden with a glass of something alcoholic (weather permitting!).We could take a leaf out of Turkey's book when it comes to community events, but I suppose the weather does usually put paid to gathering in the town square / beer garden.Good luck to them anyway, and long may they draw in the tourists!!

#8 clinky

clinky

Holte Ender in Moda

• Istanbul
  • 659 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

I wont be watching any PROGRAMME to do with the wedding. Although this is exactly the same reaction the girlfriend has with the world cup....
The man in the chair was heavyset with longish, fair hair and a beard you might have picked for an important chat with Moses..." - Bernie Gunther

#9 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

Sirin I also want to just see the dress and the crowd plus Prince Harry too, I love that Prince but couldnt marry him as I am a commoner so settle for a Harun instead haha :D. I hope that this marriage last forever as I am very happy for them both. xxx

www.satilikcesme.com

#10 mimosa

mimosa

• Çeşme
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

Am I the only one to love everything about William and Kate's wedding (or any of the royal's weddings) I felt moved when I saw the crowds around Buckingham palace, that the British people are so supportive. :United_Kingdom: During the wedding in Westminster Abbey, I had tears in my eyes while the choir were singing, it was all for me, at least, so moving.I also continued watching all day, the previous royal weddings which I found very interesting.Don't all come crashing on my head at once for liking all the pomp and ceremony.

#11 cleopatra

cleopatra

• Kuşadası
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

Im not a royalist, I do think William and Kate are a lovely couple and the fact she wasnt royalty... I watched it yesterday and shed a wee tear at the father of the bride taking his daughter up the isle absolutely beaming with joy... It was lovely to watch... I do agree that the uk tv has been on overkill with wedding fever in the build up, but it was a national event... Imagine if it was in Turkey!! they cant watch a football game without going OTT, so someone going to the Army, or a wedding, with all the cars and horns tooting.... it would be tooting caos if it was their royal family!!! every road at a complete standstill :hysterical[1]:
www.ponzstudios.com

#12 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11862 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

You're right cleo. :D

#13 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

Aww I loved the wedding. I cried from start to end. I am very happy for them. I only wanted to see her dress at the beginning but couldnt get my eyes off the screen! Every girls dream came true for Kate yesterday ... my turn next with Prince Harry!! haha nah only joking I have my Prince Harry (Harun) xxxx

www.satilikcesme.com

#14 Meral

Meral

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 2181 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

I didn't watch it but just saw the brief newsclips on TV and still photos on the net. Kate looked really happy and her dress was beautiful in its simplicity. I thought she and her sister were very photogenic (unlike most of the other royals). I enjoyed what I saw but wouldn't have the patience to sit & watch all day.Now I guess Kate's face will appear on all the magazine covers for years to come, just like Diana's did. :winner_first_h4h[1]:
I am fairly certain that
Given a Cape and a nice Tiara
I could save the world.
........................ Author Unknown

#15 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Kate is from a very very beautiful family and yes her family are very photgenic. Kate have become an idol and a role model to all us princess wannabes so I will be happy to see her on a magazine cover :D xxx

www.satilikcesme.com

#16 saffie

saffie

• Marmaris
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

Really enjoyed it all. I sat glued to the box all day and had a great time.Would love to have been there to soak up the atmosphere.........only thing was I wished they had shown more of the military bands etc as they always work so hard and are a spectacular sight and sound.Loved the cartwheeling verger( who later really got hauled over the carpet) and the policeman who entertained the crowds.........and that little bridesmaid's face was classic.saffie

#17 Guest_Strawberry_*

Guest_Strawberry_*

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:30 AM

We watched the wedding - I think almost everyone did - the world over! I think Kate looked beautiful, and she and William are clearly in love. It's every woman's dream to have a beautiful wedding - and to marry a prince is the stuff of fairytales! Of course women enjoy watching all the pomp and ceremony; it's a little bit of magic. I guess men aren't quite as interested, but most women love all the romance and ceremony of a beatiful wedding. All women want to be a princess for a day..........of course, they don't all marry princes though! lolI'm sure Kate's mother and father must have been immensely proud that their daughter has married a prince, and she'll one day be Queen of England. I think William and Kate make a lovely couple, and they have definitely married for the right reasons. You can see they are both in love with each other, and are very close friends too. I think they'll produce lovely children too. Tall and good-looking, like they are.Strawberry

#18 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11862 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

"......... they don't all marry princes though!" No, unfortunately there are a lot of frogs out there. :hysterical[1]:

#19 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

Yes sunny there are many frogs but we can all say Kate surely did not marry one!! I bought the Mirror and The Sun newspapers on saturday (my weekly treats lol) and still cant stop looking at the pictures. Must be said ... Friday was a day I was very proud to be british. Nobody else could give a wedding or an audience like we did :D xxxx

www.satilikcesme.com