Want To Marry Turkish Woman.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 malenurse7

malenurse7

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:42 AM

Hi every one,I wondered if some of you might be able to give me some advice? I am an English man(male nurse)living in England. Over the last nine months ive had the pleasure of having a Turkish woman as my wonderful girl firend. We have been living together for eight months. Unfortunalty she has had to return to Turkey,and we have decided that we would like to get married. I dont know any thing about immigration,and all we know is that we love each other and want to get married.Is it a good idea to get married while she returns to England on a student visa?,or is it better to get married in Turkey?We are really not sure what to do? Perhaps some one could help.Kind regards,Malenurse7.

#2 Lucid

Lucid

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1545 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

hi, i would be suprised that a turkish girl would even consider marrying in the UK without her friends & family to see her all dressed up etc. for a start. As for whats best for you both i dont know as i dont know your long term plans or visa plans. I would think seeing her country & her customs would be a good start & then consider the legal side of marrying either in UK or Turkey. Both routes are very different & would also have varied conequences on where you need to be & when..I have no idea about marrying while she would be over on a student visa..i think someone else can comment on this.Just my thoughts but what you intend to do post marriage is as important as the getting married bit as it may feel like the easy bit as you progress further down the line...good luck & i hope others give some advice about the matter

#3 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11867 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

Welcome to our forum.As Lu says, you need to look at the long term as well as the immediate future as the chances of you finding employment here as a nurse (presuming that your forum name indicates your profession) are extremely unlikely, as it is a job that can be done by a Turk, so is your fiancée prepared to live in the UK forever? Marriage wise, it would probably be better to get married here in Turkey and then apply for a settlement visa. Take a look at the threads in http://www.turkeycen...mits-in-the-uk/ forum for more information.
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#4 malenurse7

malenurse7

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

Welcome to our forum.As Lu says, you need to look at the long term as well as the immediate future as the chances of you finding employment here as a nurse (presuming that you forum name indicates your profession) are extremely unlikely, as it is a job that can be done by a Turk, so is your fianc

#5 Sirin

Sirin

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hi malenurseWelcome to the forum, and good luck with whatever plans you make.Purely from a visa point of view - I think you may find that a registrar in the UK would not book a wedding appointment for you unless you get specific permission to marry (Certificate of Approval). Given the sensitivity of 'sham marriages' (which I'm not insinuating you are of course!!!), it would look highly suspicious if you were to marry just as her visa is about to expire.Therefore it's likely that she will need to return to Turkey at the end of her visa, and you then have the choice of whether to apply for a 6 month Fiance Visa for her to return to the UK and marry (then apply for 2 year settlement visa), or to marry in Turkey and then apply for a Spouse Settlement Visa.You will find lots of posts on the forum about the criteria for a Fiance or Settlement Visa, which will give you an idea of the sort of evidence you'll both need to provide. I wouldn't recommend her overstaying the visa, as this may affect your chances of the Fiance /Spouse visa.Best of luck. The rules may not seem to be in your favour, but they're there to protect people from sham marriages and the UK from false applicants. As long as you fulfill the criteria (finances, proof of relationship, accommodation), your chances of getting the right visa should be good.