• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NISAN

NISAN

Expert Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

My Hubby has written a humorous book about transport in Turkey.In the UK the next step would be to find a literary agent to promote it for you. Would anyone on the forum know whether it is the same here in Turkey ?? :drive2[1]:
Nısan xx

#2 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:33 PM

Yes, I think you will find they do. Was having a browse after reading your post and found that Kalem Agency are the biggest agents in Turkey. If you type "Literary agents Turkey" in the search engine it will give more examples of who the agents are here. Be aware that some charge a reading fee.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#3 NISAN

NISAN

Expert Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

Yes, I think you will find they do. Was having a browse after reading your post and found that Kalem Agency are the biggest agents in Turkey. If you type "Literary agents Turkey" in the search engine it will give more examples of who the agents are here. Be aware that some charge a reading fee.

:thankyou: Abi
Nısan xx

#4 Guest_Macavey_*

Guest_Macavey_*

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

I was offered a contract by AnatoliaLit for my three novels, a series. They wanted 50% of everything! I asked around with friends at publishing houses and they said this was a shocking amount, that 10-15% is more the norm, like in the States.It seems that there aren't many literary agents. I know of people who have just walked into publishing houses and were signed on. I have submitted to a few places and have been asked for full manuscripts from two but it has taken months just to get this far (which I hear is the case in the US). I have been told by other publishers that they had no idea if they could sell my trilogy in English but that they were sure it would sell in Turkish. I am having the first book translated right now, will publish it myself and sell it online via a series of online booksellers, and then hopefully will make the jump to "real" bookstores soon afterwards. I talked to a manager at D and R about how to jump from the Internet to a place like D and R and he said it's not difficult, we sell thousands of books here...(we'll see about that).If my model works, I may see if I can succeed with other peoples' books. I'll let you know how it goes. (I have 20 years experience working as an academic editor preparing manuscripts for publication so this would not be a huge leap) :)

#5 samanthaozkara

samanthaozkara

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 1744 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

What type of books have you written Macavey? Could you let us know when they are on sale? would love to have a nose if its in english xxxx

Are You Looking To Buy or Rent In Çeşme Or Even Sell Your Home? Are You Also Looking To Insure Your Home Or Vehicle In Turkey? Well Stork Homes Estate Now Has An Insurance Department ... Contact Myself For More Information Or Visit Our Website
www.satilikcesme.com

#6 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

Good luck and please keep us up to date with your progress.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson