• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JK1

JK1

Supreme Member

• Marmaris
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

http://www.hurriyetd...-2011-01-13Hope you find this interesting. This is not the first article I have read regarding women in business on the Datca peninsula. There is an interesting co operative in the village of Eski Datca run by women.

#2 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11862 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

Good for them but I wonder who the Mayor is in the area? I bet it's a man.
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#3 JK1

JK1

Supreme Member

• Marmaris
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

Yep, now that would be something a woman mayor in Datca. I'm afraid I can't see it happening. Of course when you drive through this particular little village the men are all sat in the cafe having a chat and the women are busying round running the businesses and the doing the housework. Maybe these men are cleverer than we think!

#4 dande

dande

• Çeşme
  • 1382 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

Yep, now that would be something a woman mayor in Datca. I'm afraid I can't see it happening.

Don't hold your breath! Not sure what current figures are, but about 12 months ago the United Nations Representation in Turkey announced that only 27 of 2,948 mayors in Turkey were women (0.9%). 14 of them were members of the pro-Kurdish Peace and Democracy Party (BDP) who have apparently prioritized female representation.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page" (St. Augustine)