Forum Rules and Etiquette
1. Members are solely responsible for what they post in this forum.
2. New Members Have Limited Privileges. After you have made a couple of posts in the forums, you will automatically be promoted to full membership with full privileges. You will not be able to use the personal message system or modify your profile. This measure is necessary to help us spot link spammers, who often abuse certain parts of the forum, before they do too much damage.
3. Links: Don't post links in the forum topics unless they are in an attempt to help a member making a request or to improve the information in the topics. Posting links for marketing a website in the forum topics is prohibited.
a. You CAN post a link to your business or a business you want to publicize, as long as it is to a business in Turkey or has something to do with Turkey. You can post these in the links section... NOT in the forums.
b. You can also put your personal or business information (including a link to your website) in your signature block. You can set up your signature block in your personal profile. See the forum For Business Owners if you operate a business.
c. Do not make trivial or "me too" posts just for the sake of having your signature block display your business information. These kinds of posts are subject to deletion.
4. Advertising: Advertising is NOT allowed in the forums. To advertise, use the classified advertising section of this site, which you will find here: Classified Advertising.
You can also provide your business details in your signature block, and include a link to your website there. You can modify your signature block in your profile, which you can access by clicking on your user name in the upper-right corner of the site.
a. Do not make posts which solicit business. If another member asks you about your product or service, it is okay to answer their question about your product or service.
b. Do not send PMs to members about your business or service that are not requested.
c. If you are here simply to promote your business without making a meaningful contribution, this forum is NOT the place for you.
5. Respect the Forum Moderators. Period.
6. Post Content. Do not make posts which are knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racist, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law. Do not "flame" other members. Watch your language. Do not post conspiracy theories, attacks on anyone's religion, or political diatribes.
7. Do not make any post which insults the Republic of Turkey as a nation, the Turkish Armed Forces, the memory of Ataturk, or "Turkishness" as an ethnicity.
8. Complaints about Individuals or Businesses: Turkey Central does not encourage, nor does it discourage, complaints or criticisms of people or businesses. If you post a complaint or criticism of any person or company, you are solely responsible for any resulting legal consequence.
9. Moderator Actions. Do not discuss the actions of moderators in the forums. If you disagree with the decision of a moderator, address it directly with the moderator in a private message or contact Admin. It is likely that you will be unaware of previous verbal warnings and offensive content an offending member has posted, because it has been removed. Out of respect for the member involved, we will not discuss individual cases in an open forum.
1. Use descriptive titles for your topics. Posts which simply say "Help!" or don't briefly explain the topic may be edited to add keywords to make them more easily found during searches. For example "Help!" may be changed to "Help with my Residence Permit!" This makes the forum easier to search for those who would like to read your topic.
2. Write in plain English, not "texting" language. If you expect people to read your post, phrase your English properly, with correct punctuation and grammar. Use universal, standard, easily understood English. If your message is worth communicating, it's worth communicating correctly. Yet respect those whose first language is not English, there is a difference between those who are lazy with English and those who are having trouble communicating with it.
3. Use the forum standard font and font size, use colors and other text styling only for emphasis. If you use your signature block, please use the standard font or a maximum font size of 3, and limit it to three lines for regular and contributing members.
4. DO NOT USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS for your entire post. It is okay if you intend to shout something in your post, but don't write your whole post that way.
5. Keep it friendly and polite. Joining a new community can be rather intimidating, and people make mistakes or ask questions that have already been addressed. All of us have been new to a forum before, so please be patient with people who are unfamiliar with this forum or forums in general.
6. Don't kick people when they're down. If someone is having a problem, don't insult or belittle them.
7. Keep things on topic. We certainly appreciate fun, joking, and good humor, but in the end we want to be a good place for people to find information about Turkey. We may delete frivolous posts which are not on topic.
8. Don't reply to trolls or spammers. A troll is a person who intentionally makes posts which are inflammatory or inappropriate. They may disguise the attempt as an innocent question or comment. Spammers, of course, post advertisements. Rather than replying, report them by clicking on the "Report" button.
9. Disputes or arguments with other members: Settle any conflicts in the chat room or with private messages rather than doing so in the forums. If you do so, the rules of the forums still apply, that is, abusing other members using the PM system is not allowed.