Scuba Diving

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Moving to Turkey
      Hi all, My husband and I are considering a move to Turkey from UK, London. The idea is to give our son who is 8 months old now a chance to be brought up in a quieter, more peaceful and less stressful life, and for us of course. we are planning to make this move hopefully in a couple of years. I'm a doctor, psychiatrist who qualified in Egypt (my home country) and trained in the UK. My husband is an English native with Turkish Cypriot heritage. He works as a career advisor and apprenticeship consultant which he can't do in Turkey. He also has an experience in teaching and is planning to take CELTA so he can teach English. He has a University degree but we still don't know what are his chances with jobs and income.  I'm not sure what are my chances in practicing medicine in Turkey either.   we are planning on learning Turkish before moving. Many of my husband's family can speak Turkish so hopefully that will help us with our learning.  We are looking into buying our own property to save on rent and have some stability. I have been checking prices and Antalya seems to be offering reasonable prices. Most properties seem to be in compounds with an urban style which is not what we have in mind. We are hoping to find a 2-3 bedroom villa or penthouse in a rural ish area. I think because we need to be in a place where there are jobs for my husband and hopefully myself as well as having that peaceful rural life. We are happy to be in areas where there is less western influence.    We we also have 5 cats who are an integral part of our family. Any ideas how much it costs to take them all and if they will have to be put in a quarantine for 6 months ? This quarantine idea is horrifying for us let alone putting them in boxes with the cargo !  I would be very grateful if anyone has any tips or advice for us to help with the planning process. Hopefully meet with some of you in flesh in a couple of years.  
    • Types of Short Term Residence Permits Leading to Citizenship?
      I've had residence permits for the last 5 years, 1 lasted 2 years and 3 lasted 1 year each, I will be applying for citizenship this month and I've been and asked about my particular circumstances, they say it is fine.
    • Types of Short Term Residence Permits Leading to Citizenship?
      Ken, I will try again to go to the source to clear up this mess and post it if I learn anything.  Cukubagli, you said " Don't be confused by the "for touristic reasons" your permit WILL count towards the 5 years for a citizenship application. " Do you have evidence other than our general experience that laws are in theory and not practical in Turkey? I would like it to be true, but the provision in the law contradicts.  
  • Highest Rated Photos

• Latest Videos